Monday, August 3, 2009

Giving Back Never Felt So Good!


WHAT an event, hey?!?!

The alumnae chapter of Northern Nevada got together in the park on a VERY hot day to..play with puppies!!!

It was a rocky start, but collegiates did show up (thanks ladies) and we had a pretty great turnout of 15 people (more than double our average attendance)!!

We met Phinnean, Dayton, and Patch--3 guide dogs from the Carson City Guide Dog Foundation...and it was great!!

I was blown away by how much this event touched my heart. Its been a few years since I did anything with our foundation and I didn't realize how much I missed it! We raised $178.00 for the foundation and donated some of our amazing food to a homeless gentleman who was hungry!!

We had great food, a lot of information and a great time together!

I encourage each and every one of you to get out there and really give to the organizations you cherish...whether its your time or your money. Let's all do 1 hour of work for something important!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts! We'll get them added to the site.